About Karen Slattery Educational Research Center
The Karen Slattery Educational Research Center for Child Development is a lab school for children from birth to five years of age. It is affiliated with the College of Education’s Family Early Childhood Education at Florida Atlantic University. Located on FAU’s Boca Raton campus, the center’s mission is:
- To help young children grow intellectually, socially and emotionally in a learning environment that nurtures and supports optimal development.
- To provide a lab school for teacher education students, with an educational philosophy that is inclusive and intends to address the needs of all children whose development represents a range of abilities and learning styles.
- To promote research in early childhood education, child development and related disciplines.
- To serve as a fieldwork site for nursing, science and other FAU students and faculty.
- To provide a model of best practice in early childhood education for the wider educational community.
The Karen Slattery Center, which serves approximately 100 children, is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and follows NAEYC Developmentally Appropriate practices, based on current research and theory in child development and curriculum.
Location: 777 Glades Road, Bd 45 Boca Raton, Florida 33431
Visit Karen Slattery Educational Research Center 's website
Special Offers for Special Causes!
Every deal you purchase on RewardsforCauses.com supports a great cause. When you buy now, 50% of your purchase on RewardsforCauses.com will go directly to the cause of your choice.